As a WomanSavers dating expert who has given dating advice to thousands of people since early 2000, there are 20 basic Do’s and Don’t Rules in the world of dating to help you increase your chances of succeeding in dating. Dating can be fun and exciting but getting involved with the wrong person can destroy your life. How do you put the odds in your favor when dating?
I have broken down the top 20 Rules of Dating to help you find that special person.
TOP 10 DATING DO’S. 1. Do relax and have fun. Dating is supposed to be fun so make it fun. Choose activities that you both love so you can relax, laugh and enjoy. If you think dating is miserable, then don’t do it.
2. Do groom yourself before your date. Make sure you are freshly showered, have fresh breath and have an outfit on that flatters you. Save your crazy or overly sexy outfits for when you get to know the person better.
3. Do Listen. Listening is more important than talking. Ask your date lots of questions and hone in on similar interests. Don’t brag about yourself constantly because that is the ultimate turn-off. Ssdating
4. Compliment your date. If you think your date looks nice, say so. Don’t focus on your date’s imperfections; focus on their good points. If it looks like your date took time to get ready, compliment them by letting them know.
5. Be positive. Don’t complain on your date. Nobody wants to hear how miserable you are. A poor attitude can destroy a date faster than anything.
6. Be honest and upfront. If the date didn’t click, tell your partner that you will have to think about it and that you will contact them again if you are interested.
7. Be proactive. You need to take the initiative to meet people to date. Practice flirting, smile, be friendly and make eye contact. This will show people you are available and will increase your chances of being asked out.
8. Do date creatively. Don’t go to the movies where you can’t talk or get to know your date better. Go to dinner, bowling and then a movie or go horseback riding, hiking or to an arts or music festival.
9. Do let your friends and family know you are dating. You never know when someone you know may try playing matchmaker for you. It may or may not work out but you should be open to meeting someone new. 10. Do be polite and have manners. Offer to pay for all or half of the date even if you are a woman. Say “please” and “thank you” and be respectful of the other person’s feelings.
10 DATING RULE DON’TS
1. Don’t be late for a date. Make sure you leave early enough to deal with traffic delays or other things that could delay you. Being late shows that you don’t respect the other person’s time and sets the date off on the wrong foot.